India has a number of private colleges for women but none stand out like Mount Carmel. This is an institute that most girls have heard about either from an acquaintance or from a friend or even from their relatives. The college had its beginning at the time when India won her independence. One can imagine how old and how rich the heritage of this institute is with generations having passed through the gates of MCC.
Mount Carmel College Bangalore is one of the most sought after names in the field of education. The system of management at the college is extremely efficient and effective in all its endeavors. The quality of education is the reason why the college receives thousands of applications each year into the different programmes it offers. The college is well known for the programmes it offers in the Sciences, Humanities and the Commerce & Management space. The institute is among the top colleges in Bangalore with a history spanning over 7 decades. Over the years thousands of students have graduated from the institute and today serve some of the biggest corporations and private firms in the world.
Mount Carmel Bangalore falls under the administrative power of the Carmelite Sisters of St. Teresa (CSST). The college is inspired by the teachings of Christ that embody values like Love, Brotherhood/Sisterhood, Peace, Equality, Service and Joy. Even though the college falls under the supervision of the minority Christian management sect the, it ardently follows the highest level of secularism. As a minority institution, it continues to enjoy the rights and privileges guaranteed by the Indian Constitution. The college has some of the most beautiful campuses in the city of Bangalore.
MCC Bangalore is essentially a girls only college and has become a preferred choice among aspiring female students in India. The college is known for having some of the most secure campuses in Bangalore due to the female population that it caters to. The college has become very popular over the years to the significant number of renowned personalities and recognized figures the college has churned out over the years. These renowned figures have gained a lot of fan following in a variety of files. Most of them being from the media and entertainment industries and others from the world of Business.
The list of notable alumni from MCC Girls College In Bangalore include:
- A. J. S. Lakshmi Shree
- Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw, businesswoman, technocrat, innovator, and the founder of Biocon
- Faye D’Souza, journalist
- MonishaUnni, actress
- Nicole Faria – model and Miss Earth 2010
- RoshmithaHarimurthy, Miss Diva-Miss Universe India(2016)
- Vasundhara Das, Singer, Actress
- Mamta Mohandas, actress and playback singer
- Nirupama Rao, Indian ambassador to the United States
- NithyaMenen, actress
- Aparna Popat, badminton player
- Anushka Sharma, actress
- Margaret Alva, governor of Rajasthan and former governor of Uttarakhand
- Nandita Berry, Indian-American attorney, former Secretary of State of Texas
- Anjali Jay – British-Indian actress and classical dancer
- DeepikaPadukone, actress
- Anushka Shetty, actress
- Joanne Da Cunha, Pond’s Femina Goa 2013 / Actress, Model, Singer
- Pooja Umashankar, actress
- Vaishali Desai, model and actress, winner Indian title, Miss International
- Radhika Pandit, actress
- Priya Pereira, actress
- SharmielaMandre, Actress
- SuparnaRajaram,Distinguished Professor, Psychology, Stony Brook University
Mount Carmel College Bangalore Ranking:
The institute is well known for its rank throughout the country. It is hard to find a college that meets the standards of Mount Carmel among private colleges. The college has some of the best infrastructure that remains up to date with industry standards. The push for maintaining a strong infrastructure was taken by the management very early on helping Mount Carmel rise in reputation over the years since inception. Over seven decades of planning and continuous improvements to this woman’s college has made it the top women’s college in India. Academic performance at the institute largely remains unchallenged anywhere.
Mount Carmel Bangalore Ranking is based on a variety of factors like facilities provided for students, heritage, experience and proficiency of faculty, quality of infrastructure, student welfare, academic performance, alumni status and many more. On all of these fronts Mount Carmel simply hits the bullseye. The standards set by the institute is in many cases seen as an industrial standard which is not something to be taken lightly. This is a clear sign that the college is being looked on for sound academic governance and standards by other institutes, a benchmark setter in short.
Below are some of the top level awards and recognitions that the institute has gained over the years which have added to the college’s appeal and hence increased the competition for Admissions in Mount Carmel College:
- The India Today group’s college ranking for 2020: MCC has ranked 19th for arts, 22nd for Science, 20thfor commerce, 7th for BBA and 24th for BCA.
- The college has been ranked 4th best Women’s Autonomous College
- MCC has been accredited grade A+ in the fourth cycle accreditation by NAAC (National Assessment And Accreditation Council), India.
- MCC has also secured 1st position in Karnataka for Swachhata Campus Ranking.
Mount Carmel has had an impressive track record in academics, placements and infrastructure development. Students here are encouraged to improve their exposure to a number of fields that would help them develop their hidden talents. This becomes a crucial factor in surviving in a highly competitive world.
Mount Carmel College Admission is a tough nut to crack. One would expect the college being women’s only to have an easy level of competition but nothing could be further from the truth. Being one of the best autonomous women’s colleges in the country has had its effects on the number of applications to the institute.
There is a flood of applications to all its programmes in the arts, science and commerce programmes. The competition is extremely fierce and only the best of the best stand a chance to get in. That being said the college makes special arrangements for backward sections of society as per the rules set by the country’s government.
Are Mount Carmel College Placements any good?
Mount Carmel Bangalore Placements records for past years are looking really good. MCC is a preferred destination for multinational companies in search of cutting edge talent. Large corporations and private firms also prefer the college when it comes to hiring high quality human resources. Over a very short period of time MCC has gained a foothold of the placement pie in Bangalore. The college’s placement cell started functioning in the year 2002. Since then a large number of its students have landed good paying jobs in the industry. For the 2017 – 2018 batch placement records show that students have secured a top salary of 7.5 Lakhs per annum.
Mount Carmel College Reviews are great due to a number of reasons, placements being the most important one. Generally the college makes it a point to develop the soft skills and any extra talent that the student might possess to give them a head start in their profession. This has paid off really well with the large majority of students getting placed in some of the best firms in the country. Bangalore’s close ties with the Information Technology industry and other large corporations have added to the luck that students will enjoy being part of Mount Carmel. MCC has a very strong pre placement training process that heavily looks into the development of the student skillset.
Mount Carmel College Placements show that many companies revisit the campus every single year due to the quality of students there. Mentioned below are a list of the firms that have recruited from the college include:
- Faze Management
- Orange County
- Accolet Advisors Private Limited
- Adarsha film institute
- Fortis Hospital
- Advent Global
- Four points by Sheraton Prestige Group
- Aegis Gallagher Service Center
- Pristine Organics PVT LTD
- Prudent Insurance
- Aishwarya Consolidates Private Limited
- Gokaldas Exports
- Quintes IQVIA
- Allegis Group
- Goldman Sachs
- HCL Technologies
- Anglo French Drugs and Industries Ltd
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Anjali Mukerjee Health Total Nutritionist
- HEXAGON GLOBAL
- ANJANI FASHIONS
- HM Group
- Samsung R&D institute Bangalore
- Ansr Source- Author
- Apollo Hospital
- Ian martin group
- Seshadripuram college
- Apollo hospitals
- Shalabham alternative school
- IDOS INDIA PVT LTD
- Shangrila hotel
The list goes on and on. The placement story at MCC is truly a successful one indeed.
Mount Carmel College Bangalore Courses Offered includes subjects in the Sciences, Arts and Commerce fields. MCC offers programmes in the undergraduate and postgraduate categories along with doctoral programmes.
- B.Sc. in Fashion and Apparel Design (FAD)
- B.Voc (Data Science and Analytics)
- B.Sc. Interior Design Management (IDM)
- PCM – Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics
- B.Sc. Composite Home Science(H.Sc.)
- PMC – Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science
- PME – Physics, Mathematics, Electronics
- CMS – Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics
- CME – Computer Science, Mathematics, Electronics
- CBM – Chemistry, Botany, Microbiology
- EMS – Economics, Mathematics, Statistics
- CZM – Chemistry, Zoology, Microbiology
- CBZ – Chemistry, Botany, Zoology
- CBZ & PCM – 4 Year Integrated B.Sc., B.Ed.
- CZE – Chemistry, Zoology, Environmental Science
- BtCZ – Biotechnology, Chemistry, Zoology
- CBE – Chemistry, Botany, Environmental Science
- H.Sc. – Composite Home Science
- BtCB – Biotechnology, Chemistry, Botany
- NDCH – Nutrition and Dietetics, Chemistry, Human Development
- NDCZ – Nutrition and Dietetics, Chemistry, Zoology
Mount Carmel College Courses for PG Sciences include:
- M.Sc. BioChemistry
- M.Sc. Botany
- M.Sc Biotechnology
- M.Sc. Electronic
- M.Sc. in Chemistry
- M.Sc. Human Development
- M.Sc. Food Science & Nutrition
- M.Sc. Mathematics
- M.Sc. Life Science
- M. Sc in Computer Sciences
- M.Sc. in Nano Science & Technology
- M. Sc in Psychology
The B.Com programme is highly sought after making the Mount Carmel Bcom Admissions process quite competitive.
- BBA – Regular (Specialization in Finance/Marketing/HR & IB)
- B.Com. General
- BBA – Business Analytics
- B.Com. BPS(Business Process Services) in Association with Tata Consultancy Services
- BCom – Honours (Integrated with CMA) Specialisation – Strategic Finance
- B.Com. Industry Integrated
- B.Com. IAF (International Accounting and Finance) Accredited to ACCA
- B.Com. Travel & Tourism Management
- B.Com. Professional
- M.Com. General
- M.Com. Financial Analysis
- M.Com. International Business
In general the commerce department at Mount Carmel has a very strong reputation. It is a very famous department under the supervision of some of the best faculty the industry has ever seen. Mount Carmel BBA Admissions are also tough due to the large number of applicants that show up each year.
- BA- History, Economics, Political Science
- BA- History, Journalism, Travel & Tourism
- BA- History, Economics, Sociology
- BA- Political Science, Economics, Journalism
- BA- Political Science, Economics, Sociology
- BA- Psychology, Economics, English
- BA- Psychology, Economics, Sociology
- BA- Psychology, English, Communication Studies
- BA- Psychology, English, Journalism
- BA ( Honours)- Communication Studies
- BA- Psychology, Physical Education, Travel & Tourism
- Bachelor of Vocational Course in Hospitality & Tourism (BHT)
- M.A. in Economics
- M.A. in Public Policy
- M.A. in English
On top of all these courses Mount Carmel also provides Doctoral programmes for aspiring research candidates.
Mount Carmel College Bangalore Fee Structure for all its courses are quite attractive. Even though the college is among the top women’s colleges in the country, programme fee has never been a hindrance to obtaining a sound education. The college is very supportive to students with a number of scholarship programmes lined up for deserving candidates. Students who require financial support to complete their course could apply for a student’s loan through any government authorised bank. As Mount Carmel has a very strong placement track record students are expected to do exceptionally well in their professional lives. Earnings from their salary speak of high returns on investment which is another attractive thing about picking up a course at MCC.
Mount Carmel College Scholarships have been awarded to a number of students over the years. MCC is an institute committed to taking knowledge and education to the financially needy sections. The students at MCC can avail of various scholarships/ fee concessions/ group medical insurance/ mid-day meal schemes that have been devised to aid Carmelites in their education endeavors.
These Government Scholarships have been provided through the MHRD, GOI and the Government of Karnataka. These provisions include both merit and community based scholarships. Some scholarships provided include:
- Minority Scholarship
- BCM Scholarship
- Muslim Community Scholarship
- SanchiHonnamma Scholarship
- Minority Education Loan
- SC/ST Scholarship
- Science & Technology Scholarship
- SC/ST Above 60% Scholarship
- Central Sector Scheme Scholarship
- PG Single Girl Child – UGC
Mount Carmel Fees for all its programmes in Humanities, Sciences and Commerce are comparable to a nominal slab. In Spite of being a pristine institute with a great reputation the college charges its students a normal fee. The college has had a great number of students enroll for its programmes,who are now in respectable positions spread across the world. The IT boom of Bangalore saw a meteoric rise in the number of students being recruited by large MNCs and corporations. The pay has been extremely good with a consistently good pay being secured by students over the years.
Find the Fees structure list below:
|Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics (PCM)||37,840|
|Physics, Mathematics, Electronics (PME)||41,800|
|Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science (PMC)||60,500|
|Computer Science, Mathematics, Electronics (CME)||60,500|
|Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics (CMS)||60,500|
|Economics, Mathematics, Statistics (EMS)||47,520|
|Chemistry, Botany, Microbiology (CBM)||53,350|
|Chemistry, Botany, Zoology (CBZ)||37,840|
|Chemistry, Zoology, Microbiology (CZM)||53,350|
|Chemistry, Zoology, Environmental Science (CZE)||53,350|
|Chemistry, Botany, Environmental Science (CBE)||53,350|
|Biotechnology, Chemistry, Zoology (BtCZ)||1,00,320|
|Biotechnology, Chemistry, Botany (BtCB)||1,00,320|
|Nutrition & Dietetics, Chemistry, Zoology (NDCZ)||68,200|
|Composite Home Science (H.Sc)||39,820|
|Interior Design and Management (IDM)||1,23,530|
|Nutrition and Dietetics, Chemistry , Human Development(NDCH)||68,200|
|Fashion Design & Apparel Management||1,29,800|
|BA in History, Economics, Political Science (HEP)||35,500|
|BA in Political Science, Economics, Sociology (PES)||35,500|
|BA in History, Economics, Sociology (HES)||35,500|
|BA in Psychology, Economics, English (PyEE)||44,200|
|BA in Psychology, Economics, Sociology (PyES)||44,200|
|BA – History, Journalism, Travel & Tourism (HJTT)||65,000|
|BA – Political Science, Economics, Journalism (PEJ)||56,500|
|BA – Psychology, English, Journalism (PYEJ)||70,200|
|BA – Psychology, English, Communication Studies (PyEC)||1,05,000|
|BA – Psychology, Physical Education, Travel & Tourism (PyPT)||58,600|
|BA- Honours in Communication Studies||1,05,000|
|Mount Carmel- B.Com (Regular)||70,000|
|Mount Carmel- B.Com (Honors)||1,13,100|
|Mount Carmel- B.Com (Industry Integrated)||1,20,000|
|Mount Carmel- B.Com (Professional)||1,32,000|
|Mount Carmel- B.Com (Travel & Tourism)||80,000|
|Mount Carmel- B.Com (Business Process Service)||70,730|
|Mount Carmel- B.Com (International Accounting & Finance)||1,24,740|
|Nano Science & Technology||175000|
|Plant Science & Herbal Wealth||1,50,000|
|Food Science & Nutrition||2,25,000|
|MA in English||67,410|
|MA in Public Policy||1,16,025|
|M.Com Finance & Accounting||86,680|
|M.Com International Business||86,680|
The rise in placements has made the institute one of the most sought after destinations. Mount Carmel BA Admissions have also received a great number of applications year after year. The programme is in great demand with students who wish to pursue a career in the line of business on the rise. Ask any pass out student and she will most likely say that the college is nothing short of extraordinary. The cultural life in the campus is also a very unique one.
Students have been given a lot of freedom when it comes to expression while the college has managed to give its students a great level of security. The college provides some of the best accommodations for its students. Mount Carmel College Hostels are known among girls to be awesome. Hostels are extremely safe and secure with a tight level of security 24/7. The accommodations are spacious and kept neat and clean. There are a number of recreational facilities including study rooms. The hostels are under the watchful eye of empathetic wardens and the student body. Student interests are taken into consideration and all students are given ample freedom.
The campus life at MCC is really good. The college supports its students to excel in extracurricular activities and not just academics. The campus gives the vibe and reminiscence of a very old school of knowledge afterall the campus is over seven decades old.
Mount Carmel College Address: No 58, Palace Rd, Abshot Layout, Vasanth Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560052.
So if you are a girl who wishes to be part of an institute with a strong reputation and whose classrooms were shared by celebs like DeepikaPadukone, Anushka Shetty, Anushka Sharma or Mamta Mohandas then MCC is the college for you. Securing a career is much easier for students here than in most other institutes. Who knows you might get lucky and get to be part of the Mount Carmel alma mater! Hope you we were able to help… if you enjoy this style of informative writing why not show us some love by expressing your views in the comment section below.